By Daniel Hillel
Read or Download Advances in Irrigation: Volume 2 PDF
Similar agriculture books
The Mekong Delta of Vietnam is among the most efficient agricultural components within the world. The Mekong River lovers out over a space of approximately 40,000 sq kilometers and over the process many millennia has produced a area of fertile alluvial soils and relentless flows of energy. at the present time a couple of fourth of the Delta is less than rice cultivation, making this quarter one of many optimal rice granaries on the earth.
Six chemical substances that modified Agriculture is a systematic examine how the chemical compounds utilized in ultra-modern nutrients construction have been constructed, evaluated, and got here to be in conventional use. From fertilizers to pest administration, antibiotics to DNA, chemical compounds have remodeled the way in which our nutrients is grown, safe, and processed.
Tropical forests are an undervalued asset in assembly the best international demanding situations of our timeaverting weather switch and selling improvement. regardless of their value, tropical forests and their ecosystems are being destroyed at a excessive or even expanding fee in such a lot forest-rich international locations. the good news is that the technological know-how, economics, and politics are aligned to help a big foreign attempt over the following 5 years to opposite tropical deforestation.
Apples are so usual and so ubiquitous that we regularly take them without any consideration. but it really is strangely tough to develop and promote the sort of universal fruit. actually, generating different, tasty apples for the marketplace calls for virtually as a lot ingenuity and interdependence as construction and conserving a colourful democracy.
- Coolmore Stud: Ireland's Greatest Sporting Success Story
- Biofuels, Food Security, and Developing Economies (Routledge Studies in Bioenergy)
- Soils in Natural Landscapes
- The Emergent Agriculture: Farming, Sustainability and the Return of the Local Economy
- Climate Change and Agricultural Water Management in Developing Countries (CABI Climate Change Series)
- HEALTHGRAIN Methods: Analysis of Bioactive Components in Small Grain Cereals (American Associate of Cereal Chemists International)
Additional resources for Advances in Irrigation: Volume 2